1. You don’t believe in being handed things on a silver platter. (Because you were never handed things on a silver platter)
2. Which means you work hard at the things that matter to you – whether for work, friendships or relationships.
3. But the things you don’t care about? Pfffftttt! You know better than to waste your efforts on those.
4. Because you’re pretty street-smart, you may not have done as well in school as your siblings, but you get through life pretty darn well.
5. Even as a child, you may have been a little secretive. Partly because you felt like no one understood – but mostly because you didn’t feel like you needed to tell anyone anything.
6. Through your teenage years, you spent a whole lot more time with friends rather than family.
7. Which may have something to do with how you felt like you didn’t fit in back home.
8. And you may have hated yourself for not fitting in with your family at one point in your life
9. But you embrace it whole-heartedly right now.
10. And you’ve grown so well into your weirdness, that all your friends and family know you’re a bit of a weirdo, and it’s perfectly okay.
11. You may have wondered if you were adopted at one point in your life.
12. And maybe still wonder it once in a while now LOL.
13. But you know you’re just being ridiculous – and you’re never afraid to smack yourself in the head and tell yourself you’re being ridiculous, because you’re usually astute enough to know when you are.
14. You’re pretty much the polar opposite of your siblings
15. In fact, when you were younger, you may have actually made it a point to be as different from your siblings as possible, just so people wouldn’t compare you with them.
16. Which means you probably went through a major rebel phase.
17. You grew up a lot quicker than your siblings (because you had to).
18. And even today, you continue to be one of the most independent people in your social circle.
19. People have, on more than one occasion, said that you have a pretty strong defence mechanism.
20. But you can’t really help it! And, come to think of it, do you really want to?
21. You always find yourself rooting for the underdog – because in some strange, inexplicable way, you kind of feel like you can relate to them.
22. And you get reeeeeaaally awkward when the spotlight is on you. The further we are from being the centre of attention, the better!
23. After years of growing up in a family with 3 kids or more, you have mastered the art of mediation.
24. Okay maybe not. But you’ve learnt to recognise the signs of a brewing storm and get the hell out before it hits!
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy: 10 Things You May Not Have Known About Sherlock Season 3, 18 Things Asian Parents Say When Watching Western Shows, and 23 Signs You’re Definitely Not a Girl’s Girl.