1. You can’t sleep easy without knowing it’s right by your side.
“Hmmm… Sleepytime… WAIT WHERE’S MY PHONE?! IS IT THERE?!”
2. It’s the first thing you reach for when you wake up in the morning. And you freak the hell out when you can’t find it.
3. You feel anxious when it isn’t in your hand.
4. And you get panic attacks when you realise you haven’t heard it ring in a while. And by a while, I mean like 15 minutes.
“Is it low on battery? Is there reception in here? ARE MY FRIENDS DEAD?!”
5. No matter how old or scratched up your phone gets, it will always hold some sort of sentimental value to you.
6. You do things for your phone that you wouldn’t do for anyone/thing else. Ever.
7. You find yourself sneaking glances at it, whether you’re out with your friends, family, or your actual lover.
8. Seeing it seriously damaged, dropping it in a puddle, or, God forbid, losing it feels like a giant stab to the heart.
9. Heading to the store and holding it in your hands for the first time gave you some serious butterflies in your tummy.
10. It knows mostly everything about you. The time you wake up each morning, where your favourite haunts are – even your passwords.
11. You’re so used to having it around, you feel absolutely lost without it.
12. Which is why you bring it everywhere you go, including the bathroom.
13. Especially the bathroom.
I mean, otherwise you’d just be like:
14. You could spend all day in bed with it. Even if it means minor injury to your face.
15. You sometimes even stay up late at night doing nothing but fiddling with it.
16. Sometimes you catch yourself smiling at your phone like an idiot.
17. But hey, at least you make each other laugh
18. And you’re so comfortable with it, you don’t even mind sharing your deepest, darkest, weirdest – and I mean weirdest – thoughts.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this post, you may also enjoy reading some of my other posts, such as: 20 Signs You Really, Really Hate People, 22 Signs You’re An Ex-Convent School Girl and 20 Ways to Know You’re In A Long-Term Relationship.