1. You are nursing your wounds (and empty pockets) from Black Friday shopping.
2. But on the bright side, that means your wardrobe is well stocked for Christmas parties.
3. And if it isn’t, it’s going to be real soon. Probably with red, white or green-coloured clothes with faux fur collars.
4. Which you’re probably gonna regret once Christmas is over.
5. Speaking of Christmas parties, your calendar is rapidly getting filled up with meet-ups, dinners and other Christmas events.
6. Which may explain this tiny ball of happiness and excitement inside of you, growing more and more each day.
7. You have this strange, inexplicable urge to watch Love Actually.
(Hehe before Rick Grimes was Rick Grimes)
8. You also have this strange, inexplicable urge to just buy things – lots of them, whether for gift giving or for yourself.
9. Which is great! Because Christmas sales are suddenly popping up everywhere you turn.
10. You can’t even escape it at home, because online stores have jumped in on the Christmas sales!
(FYI Zalora is offering sales of up to 70% off, and you even get a $10 voucher if you sign up for their newsletter! Click here to check out their Christmas sale!)
11. It is the only time of year where it is socially acceptable to wear reindeer headbands in public.
12. To the point where even your pets aren’t spared!
13. The Halloween racks at your local supermarket have been replaced with racks of Christmas decorations.
14. And they’ve got a Christmas playlist on loop all day.
15. Which is probably why you’ve heard Jingle Bell Rock at least ten times. Today.
16. Yet somehow, Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You is the song that’s stuck in your head. And you catch yourself humming it ALL THE TIME.
17. You’ve had the thought: “Holy crap, where did 2013 go?”
18. But got distracted by yet another “what are you doing for Christmas” conversation
19. The sound of bells is just… everywhere.
20. Christmas movies have hit the cinemas.
21. And *groan* they’re playing yet another rerun of Home Alone on TV.
22. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS HAVE GONE UP!
Photo credit: XIN MSN
23. And you suddenly don’t feel guilty about eating pure sugar – yeah, I’m talking about candy canes hehe.
24. Oh, and warm woolly sweaters suddenly look comfy and amazing.
25. Until you look out at the blazing sun and laugh yourself out of the idea.
26. You have a sudden craving for gingerbread and nutmeg every time you sit down at a café.
27. And you suddenly feel really really guilty for not going to church all year.
28. You promise yourself you’ll make it for the Christmas service (but you know you won’t – because you’ll be drunk).
29. Amid all the happiness and excitement, though, you’re hit by the annual conundrum of what to buy that person whose name you pulled out of your company’s secret Santa hat.
30. In fact, you find yourself out of gift ideas for your own friends and family.
31. And you start to freak out at the idea of hanging out with a whole bunch of people you don’t know at parties
32. To the point where you almost consider leaving the country to avoid all the hassle
33. But then you change your mind because 1. Air tickets are crazy expensive 2. Most hotels are probably fully booked by now 3. Hey~ it’s Christmas!
(Look! Even Kanye is smiling!!)
34 . And you realise this is the chance to get back in touch with a whole list of people you’ve not seen or heard from in almost a year.
35. And it actually feels kind of nice.
36. You can’t help feeling all warm and fuzzy inside – until December 26, which is when you’ll have to start gearing up for a drunken New Year’s.
Thanks for reading!