1) Remember when you first started dating? You would hang onto each other’s every word as if it were scripture. Now, though, it’s okay to sometimes get distracted and be all like:
2) And the great thing is that you probably won’t get upset at each other if that happens. Because we’ve learnt to embrace each other’s weirdness.
3) There may have been a time when you couldn’t keep your hands off each other every time you were alone…
But that time has long passed.
4) And a night in is really more like
5) But when things do get heated up, it isn’t as awkward as it was before.
Remember your first kiss?
Yeah… well now at least it’s more like
6) And eating together is no longer a chore because you don’t need to pretend you’re more lady-like or gentlemanly than you really are.
7) Now you can truly be yourself.
8) Emission of bodily gases is no longer taboo around each other.
He could scream
And you’ll probably just be like
9) You don’t feel a need to stalk each other’s social media profiles to find out each other’s thoughts and feelings.
10) Getting dressed isn’t as much as a headache as it used to be either.
11) And it doesn’t suck as much when either one of you cancels on a date.
12) Those lovers’ tiffs are way less intense than they used to be.
How you used to react during a fight:
How you react now:
13) Probably because you’re so much more secure about your relationship. And it’ll take a lot to make you lose faith in what you guys took so long to build.
14) You no longer need massive shows of affection to prove your love for each other
15) Or to parade your relationship all over the internet.
16) Because you’ve become so comfortable in your little world. That you really don’t care enough to show it to the rest of the real world.
17) You start to realise it’s the tiny every day things that matter. Like knowing he’s there even when he’s not;
18) Realising that there hasn’t been a single day that has gone by without exchanging at least one text, and knowing that it probably won’t stop anytime soon;
19) And just knowing and trusting that he’ll never do anything to hurt you
20) And even though some things have changed, mostly they’ve been for the better. Because you know you’ve reached a point where you just don’t need to prove anything to each other anymore and you still think the other’s amazing.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy: 26 Unforgettable Things That Happened In Popular Culture in 2013, 20 Signs You Really, Really Hate People and my latest entry, 18 Signs You’re In Love With Your Mobile Phone.