1. Your rabbit will take roughly a year to warm up to you (mine took almost a year and a half); your dog loves you the minute you promise her a nice warm home.
Bunny after one year
Dog after one month
2. It’s adorable when your bunny goes into crazed happy running mode; it’s downright frightening when your dog does
Bunny running around
Dog running around
3. They have very very different ways of expressing their (sexual) love for you.
Bunny’s show of love
Doggy’s show of love
4. Even when they’re feeling less loving (read:horny), the difference is palpable.
What it feels like when a bunny is licking you
What it feels like when a dog licks you
5. They both make you melt, but in very different ways
6. At times it feels like your rabbit might do a better job guarding your house than your dog will.
7. Your dog can physically force you to do stuff. While your rabbit, well.
They’re pretty content as long as they’ve got food.
Dogs, on the other hand… Sure aren’t afraid of getting physical.
8. They’re both kind of useful around the house I guess…
Bunnies could open letters for us
And dogs are always eager to return a favour
9. But mostly they’re just good for lazing around.
10. But they never fail to brighten our days!
11. And I wouldn’t trade either of them for all the world – in good times and bad.
12. For real.
Thanks for reading!