1. You’re cool with doing the heavy lifting – as long as it’s manageable. What? Wait for the guys to come help out? Girl, we went through 10 years of school without a single guy in sight (unless you count that wimpy math teacher), and we did just fine.
2. You have that one group of girlfriends that you know will be there for you. FOREVER.
3. “Friendship problems” don’t throw you anymore. We’ve been through 4 years in a school full of girls going through puberty all at the same time. It was hell. There would always be at least one person in any classroom PMSing at any one time – plus we pretty much hung out with the same group of girls so much that our cycles literally synched up. Yes, it’s not a myth; it’s true. Which basically means WAR every few weeks. I repeat. It was hell.
4. But then again, that’s what made our friendships stronger than anything else in the world.
5. You went through a lesbian phase – or there was at least one moment in your life where you actually looked at another girl and went “Hm. Not bad.”
6. You recognise that lap dance scene – yes, it’s from the L word.
7. You remember the first time you wore a skirt without shorts underneath – your thighs had never felt cooler
8. Lesbian tendencies aside, a lot of your conversations with friends had to do with Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Josh Hartnett, Jude Law… and well, every male celebrity that came to our attention.
9. For years after secondary school, you never wore a skirt that went below your knees, thanks to a ridiculously strict dress code that you had to follow for a full decade.
10. You look pretty presentable and kind of demure to strangers. But when you’re with your friends, it’s a whole different story.
11. But in spite of that, the morals you learnt at school have somehow stuck with you through all these years.
12. And you still kind of remember the words to Our Father.
13. And some hymns will never ever leave your mind for good. Like As The Deer. What was with that song?
14. You went through a major vain phase.
15. And have heard people bitch about their weight one too many times
16. You understand that skirt rolling, is an ART.
17. And you hate it when young girls cross the line and go full slut.
18. You’re definitely not afraid to speak your mind.
19. Because somehow we’ve been trained to be strong, independent women.
20. And even though we’ve been through a lot of shit as ex-convent girls
21. And at times it sort of felt like this:
22. The experience, memories and friendships were all kind of worth it in the end.