Today I woke up at 3.30pm. Talk about severe jetlag. Let’s hope I wake up in time for my lunch appointment tomorrow *bites nails*
But anyway, I was nominated for two of those wordpress awards where bloggers sort of nominate their fav blogs by other people. It’s a brilliant initiative to sort of increase hits and show appreciation for other bloggers who really put in effort to maintain their blogs well and I’m super grateful to Angela and Dr Fuzz for nominating me for the Liebster Award and Super Sweet Blogging Award respectively :))
I’m just going to cover both of them real quick, and nominate just a couple of other bloggers for the Liebster Award because I don’t really have the time to find 11 for Liebster and 13 for the Super Sweet thanks to my waking up at 3.30pm T.T
So here we go!
Super Sweet Blogging Award
Answer the five super sweet questions
- Cookies or Cake? Both? Cake!
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. ALWAYS.
- Favorite Sweet Treat? Depends on my cravings for the day. But I almost never say no to yummy brownies or chocolate lava cakes!
- When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? All. the. time.
- Sweet Nick Name? What? Is my name not sweet enough?
Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in my blog post
I made my own because I felt that this version of “sweet” suits me a lot more than like cookies and cakes.
11 Random Facts About Myself
I’m going to put 11 facts that I think most people don’t know about, just to keep things interesting.
- I used to do ballet up until my early teens, and I have a Grade 5 distinction cert to prove it hehe
- I didn’t always want to be a journalist, I sort of fell into it really. My original ambitions were to be a doctor, or an SIA stewardess.
- Even though I seem to be more of a dog person right now, I used to play with cats that lived around my block all the time when I was in primary school – to the point of bringing some home when my parents weren’t around to give them milk and just like chill LOL.
- I have no birth marks on my body at all. Pock marks plenty, though.
- Apparently I was conceived in London.
- I spent a few months in Seattle when I was an infant. I’d like to think that made me the ang moh pai that I am today. But no, not really. I remember nothing of Seattle.
- Sometimes I think in mandarin (DON’T LAUGH) although I can’t fucking speak it properly to save my life.
- I’m a baptised catholic but am more agnostic, really.
- This is no secret, but I hate pretentious people. Stop acting like you’re better than you are, people! Remember: “You are not special. You’re not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You’re the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We’re all part of the same compost heap. We’re all singing, all dancing crap of the world.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
- I have moved like 5 times in my life.
- My room is in a mess right now and I’m really scared my mum’s going to pop in any moment. Obviously, I’ve run out of facts to put in here.
11 Questions from the person who nominated me
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? And why?
I would say Norway, even though I’ve not been there but I heard it’s amazing from anyone who has. It’s not too crowded, everyone’s nice there, and I heard the weather is great! But if I had to choose somewhere I have been in, I would probably say Wuhan, China. Because the people there are not as uncouth as some other places in China, I speak the language (although poorly), and I really enjoyed my time there! I wouldn’t know what job I could find there though. Oh well!
2. If you could be any historical figure who would you be? And why?
No one. I don’t want to be anyone important.
3. What is your greatest regret?
Getting into relationships so early in my life.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Probably my confidence level. Like sometimes I’m superbly insecure about certain things and other times I shoot all the way up and get all egoistic about others. It’d be nice to reach a nice balance of humility.
5. Which six people famous people (dead or living) would you invite to a dinner party and why you have chosen them?
Amy Winehouse, Russell Brand, Steve Carrell, Tina Fey, Don Draper – I mean Jon Hamm and BRITNEY SPEARS.
Because they’re awesome.
6. What do you worry about most of all?
Not making the most out of life before dying.
7. Tell me about your favourite book.
I have plenty of books I love but one book that I can’t get out of my head is Flower in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. It’s just the most haunting, painful piece of work I’ve ever read. And scary to know that something like that could be true.
8. Do you believe in a particular cause? Care to elaborate?
I believe in plenty – environmental issues, animal welfare, eradication of stupidity etc etc. But mostly I like to mind my own business and do what little I can rather than do a lot of talking about it and accomplish nothing.
9. Why do you write?
Because I’m paid to do it? But otherwise, it offers a nice distraction and release when I’m feeling particularly emotional.
10. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
I would be a rabbit. Because rabbits are fat and adorable. And they die of heart attacks before getting eaten by predators which is a lot better than getting eaten alive. And rabbits are adorable.
11. Do you ever think you might have lived before?
Yes. Probably as a rabbit.
11 Questions for my nominees
- Do you think you’re living the life you want?
- If you could change anything in your life what would it be?
- Would you want to live life over again? If so, what would you change from your past?
- What would you want written on your gravestone?
- Hugest idol everrrr?
- Brains or beauty? You can’t choose both. And if you choose brains, remember that you might look like utterly deformed. You may not even be able to walk. And if you choose beauty, you’d have an IQ of like 90.
- On that note, which do you think is more important, IQ or EQ? Once again you can’t say “oh they’re both equally important” Make a stand!
- What is your meaning of life?
- How would you like to go? Death in sleep is not an option.
- Tell me a joke. Like a really really good one.
- Erm I’m out of questions so.. Tell me a joke? A really really bad one?
Here are the lucky nominees for the Liebster Award:
You guys are awesome for various reasons but to have me actually read your blogs regularly is really amazing because I have an attention span of like negative 50.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers’ page and let them know you have nominated them.
Or don’t. I don’t really care LOL.